Claire Sandbrook
My Debtor’s Got a Job – What Enforcement Option Can I Use?
The court can make an attachment of earnings order compelling the employer of your judgment debtor to automatically make deductions from the judgment debtor’s salary.

We can manage this application for you by filling in the forms, lodging them with the court, managing the process and reporting to you on progress.

The court will tell the debtor if they plan to send an order to their employer. The court will send the debtor a form for replying to the application. The debtor will have to fill out this form with details of their income and spending. As this can be one of the most frustrating issues with this enforcement option, Shergroup Legal takes care of the correspondence with the court and your judgment debtor.

The debtor has options once the application is under way. He or she can:
  • pay all the money owed straightaway
  • ask for the order to be stopped, and offer to make regular payments
If the attachment of earnings order goes ahead the court works out how much can be automatically deducted after paying for essential items like rent, food and bills.

Sometimes the debtor already has an attachment of earnings order running against them and is making payments to one or more creditors. If that is the case, the court can choose to combine the orders to make a ‘consolidated’ order. The court splits the debtor’s payment between all the creditors and charges £1 per payment for expenses. The debtor and any of the creditors can also apply for a ‘consolidated’ order. Again Shergroup Legal can manage this aspect of the enforcement process for you and keep you fully in the picture on the entire set up of the judgment debtor’s situation.

If you want more information or to check out any details you can contact us on all our open channels
We will solve your query and soon put you on the road to recovery!

Resources for this method of enforcement:

Online Instruction Form